Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:55:25 -0500
text/plain (52 lines)
If the list is configured with 'Notebook= ...,private', the list archives can be accessed
only by subscribers and owners of the list, and the system administrators.

Any subscriber can use the 'index' command to get a list of available archives files, and
the 'get' command to retrieve individual archives files. This can be done by email, but
the commands must be sent from an address that is subscribed to the list or that is
specified as an owner of the list.

If the subscriber is looking for specific messages, rather than all messages posted in a
given time period, the subscriber can use the 'search' command to get a list of messages
which match the search arguments, then use the 'getpost' command to retrieve copies of the
desired messages. See the LISTSERV Advanced Topics manual for more information.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team
University of Notre Dame

On 11/8/2011 13:41, Eckard, Steve - eckardsl wrote:
> Randy, thanks. I think they would be ok with me setting notebook=public, if only temporarily. How would just a subscriber then view the archives? I guess I look at a lot of these issues from the point of setting up the lists and not so much from just a list subscriber's standpoint.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Randy Klumph
> Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:39 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: pulling emails from archives
>
> also, notebook=public allows the world to view/search the archives.
>
> notebook=private allows only addresses subscribed to the list to view/search archives
>
> On 11/8/2011 10:22 AM, Pete Weiss wrote:
>> This begs the question as to why the subscriber to the list can not do a
>>
>> GET listname LOG11nn
>>
>>
>> On 11/8/2011 13:12, Eckard, Steve - eckardsl wrote:
>>> All, I have a request for a list member to pull pre November "emails" sent to a particular list.
>>> There are a large number in the prior several months in the archives and the notebook is set to
>>> private. Is there a way to do this, or would setting notebook=public allow members to see the email
>>> archives?
>>>

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2