Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:55:25 -0500
If the list is configured with 'Notebook= ...,private', the list archives can be accessed
only by subscribers and owners of the list, and the system administrators.

Any subscriber can use the 'index' command to get a list of available archives files, and
the 'get' command to retrieve individual archives files. This can be done by email, but
the commands must be sent from an address that is subscribed to the list or that is
specified as an owner of the list.

If the subscriber is looking for specific messages, rather than all messages posted in a
given time period, the subscriber can use the 'search' command to get a list of messages
which match the search arguments, then use the 'getpost' command to retrieve copies of the
desired messages. See the LISTSERV Advanced Topics manual for more information.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team