Gary Sponseller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Apr 1992 15:44:54 EST
On Wed, 29 Apr 1992 14:25:22 EST John Ryder said:
>Hello:
>   When I try Listserv forwarding with the command:
>       tell listserv /forward [log in to unmask] for usera@uvmadmin
>   I get back:
>       "mail forwarding is not supported for node uvmadmin"
>
>   The Listserv machine runs from node UVMVM. Node UVMADMIN is in the
>   same machine room here. It seems like I can only do forwarding for
>   users on the same node as Listserv. Is this true?

Uh, I don't think you realize that Listserv is accessing only the system
spool that it runs on.  So, Listserv@UVMVM cannot forward for any non-UVMVM
reader.

>   'usera' on uvmadmin wants to have all his discussion list e-mail
>   go to 'foobar'. Is there another way to do this ?

Something on UVADMIN must intercept and forward the mail on its own system.
Since UVADMIN is a VM system, you could install a Listserv there.  Or you
could write a DVM to forward mail on UVADMIN.

>   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
>   John Ryder, University of Vermont, JSR@UVMVM

u bet.