Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 09:49:56 -0700
I have an existing LISTSERV, with monthly LOGxxxx files dating back to
Nov 94. I want to add some old LOGs into that list.

I have sitting around on some disk, LOGxxxx files for an extended
period prior to Nov 94. These older LOGs were created by a LISTSERV
(under the same list name but on a different host; the list on that
different host is now defunct) and the old LOGs are currently _not_
managed by any list (they're just CMS files at the moment).

Can I (as owner, or via the LISTERV administrator) insert these older
LOGxxxx files into the currently active list's LOG files, i.e., as LOG
file and not simply as documents (so as to extend the list's logs
back before last Nov)?

If so, how? I.e., please give me some reasonably explicit instructions
as to which commands (owner or administrator) to use, and which files
must be twiddled/recreated/removed/etc if any.

The current list has no explicit xxxxx FILEID nor xxxxx FILELIST; in
other words, LOGging is currently done to an implicit xxxxx FILELIST,
but the list might get an explicit FILELIST/FILEID before this LOG thing
is resolved, in case that makes any difference in your instructions
on how to add old LOGs.
Peter