Steve Younker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Jan 1992 15:26:33 -0500
Hi,

I just got the following note from another person in our computing centre.

Has anybody ever seen this problem before or have a clue what the problem
may be?

Steve Younker
Systems Group
University of Toronto

Steve,
  A user I know is having problems with the LDBASE EXEC, which he acquired
from our LISTSERV.  I have included a console trace of his session using
two different versions, followed by some comments.

Ready; T=0.01/0.01 11:48:28
ldbase
Error in DMSRLD routine; return code was 508
Error -4 during initialization. Executed command was:
LSVIUCV INIT HLTHSYS UTORVM GCS1RSCS
Ready(00100); T=0.07/0.10 11:48:32
ldbaseo
Error in DMSRLD routine; return code was 508
Error 12 during initialization. Executed command was:
NUCXLOAD LSVIUCV (SYSTEM SERVICE
Ready(00100); T=0.07/0.09 11:48:35
spool con stop

LDBASE EXEC is the currently supplied version, LDBASEO EXEC is an older
version that seems to work Ok for me.  I upped the guys region to 4M just
to see if that made a difference; it didn't.  Also, he is running the exact
same LASTING GLOBALV as I am.  I can't think of any other differences between
his account and mine that can be changed by the user.  Any ideas?