Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 09:57:59 EDT
Hello folks;

One  of the  professors  here at  Temple who  is  teaching a  reading/writing
intensive  course is  using Listserv  as a  mode of  class discussion.  He is
doing this  with three  separate sections  of the same  course and  thus with
three separate Listserv lists.

Since this is  a writing intensive course, this prof  is grading his students
on the quality and content of their  messages to the mailing list. I have set
up the three lists this guy uses  so they do weekly logging of messages. This
prof just retrieves  and prints those log file every  Monday morning and than
grades the contributions each student has recorded there.

This is  working out nicely, but  one thing that  would help this prof  is to
have the log files  for each week closed out at the same  time each week, say
every Monday  at 12:30 AM. Can  I set up his  Lists to do this?

If that's  not possible,  he would  settle on knowing  exactly when  each new
week's log file  is started. I have looked  through the 2 or 3  log files for
this prof's  lists, but I don't  see a pattern.  This is probably due  to the
fact that there  are only a couple  of week's log files  accumulated thus far
since  the Fall  '94  semester here  only  started three  weeks  ago and  not
everyone might  post to  those lists the  first day the  new weekly  logs are
available.  As such,  can someone  please tell  me when  Listserv starts  new
weekly log file?

Thanks

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.