Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 17:53:15 CDT
On Mon, 13 Apr 1992 10:22:21 EDT John Clutcher said:
>I'm in the process of setting-up and testing a new list for a user.
>They would like this list to be on LIST GLOBAL.
>This list will reside on our LISTSERV machine.
>
>I received the new list format document by typing:
>TELL LISTSERV AT NDSUVM1 GET NEW-LIST FORMAT
>
>Where do I send this information when I have it completed?

   The NEW-LIST FORMAT file is a suggested format for contributions to the
list called "new-list".  This list goes to thousands of people including most
of the "list of list" compilers.  You send the announcement to

   new-list is used to announce new lists wherever they exist (many are not
on LISTSERV servers).  Users also use it to announce LISTSERV lists and have
the announcements included in various lists of lists.

>Will this get it on LIST GLOBAL?

   No.  LIST GLOBAL is an automatic feature of LISTSERV.  As long as your
list is Confidential= No and does NOT have a Service= ... restriction I think
it will go on the list.  But maybe Eric can remind us if there are other
prerequisites (such as WAKEPARM entries, being on the backbone, etc).

             Marty