Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:39:20 GMT
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Can we stop this eternal spam discussion and get on to more important things?

Sorry, but the fact that so many list owners are encountering problems with
spamming is just one more indication that its a real problem.  The fact that
you're not bothered by it may simply mean that you're better adjusted than the
rest of us.  Spamming is a problem across the net, will continue to be a
problem, but the pressure exerted by the community against the practice is
definitely having an effect.  There'd be much more of it if we didn't make our
position known.

I hope the discussion continues, and that list owners can get organized for a
concerted protest.