Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 15:23:01 EDT
>What is an advantage to nomail vs unsubbing?  You still need to keep all
>the information and send a command to start the mail again no matter
>if you set nomail or unsubbed. Just curious

 Many people when they join a list like to know if any of their
 colleagues or specific people are on the list.  If you set your
 subscription to nomail you still show up as being a part of the
 discussion.  If you unsub you are not.  That is the main benefit
 I see.  Another benefit is on lists that require confirmation of
 subscription.  For them it is easier to just set to nomail and
 mail rather than  unsub, sub, confirm.  Perhaps others can think
 of other differences.

  --Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>