Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 May 2015 16:02:32 -0600
On Wed, 13 May 2015 19:26:02 +0000, Wes Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We are running Listserv 1.8e on a Windows 2003 server (32bit).  We want to move it to a Windows 2008 server (64bit).  The document "Moving Listserv to a new server" suggests updating to the latest version on the old server before migrating.  This would have to be the 32bit version.

In order to upgrade to the latest version you need a Product license valid
for Version 16.0 and an unexpired Maintenance license (both are required).
If you don't have both, the upgraded version of LISTSERV will not start.
This is regardless of 32/64 bit or whether you upgrade the old server first
or not.

Yes.  See  http://dropbox.lsoft.us/download/docs/FastMigration.zip

>2.       Would the latest 32bit version run on a 64bit machine with no problem, and without any special implementation?

Yes.