Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 09:25:35 EST
I am sending this message out again because my first attempt at sending
seems to have failed probably as a result of the problem I was writing
about in the first place.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)
It  never fails,  when I  am not  paying close  attention to  this mainframe,
something always  goes haywire. This time,  it was Listserv which  usually is
highly stable. Someone pointed out to  me that listserv here wasn't accepting
interactive messages.  Listserv was  shut down. I  restarted Listserv  and it
shut down again. There  were over 3000 files were in  Listserv's reader so it
must have  been down for  a while.  All of our  network access links  were in
working order  when this shut down  ocurred. I tried  to do a RL  on Listserv
and after waiting  5 minutes I gave  up. The person who runs  this system saw
nothing  out  of  the ordinary  other  than  the  large  number of  files  in
Listserv's reader. I restarted Listserv again  and everything was fine, but I
get the  following message  from Listserv.  Its one I  have not  seen before.
Can anyone help interpret this message for me and give me some suggestions on
how I  might avoid having  our Listserv crash  for this reason  again? Thanks
very much. The error message follows.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)

Error occurred while processing file 8065 from LISTSERV@TEMPLEVM:

  Error reading or decoding spool file (see traceback).

Error traceback follows
>>> Error X'0000002B' opening incoming spool file <<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: Generic error codes
 -> Abstract: Overflow/buffer too small