Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 8 Dec 89 16:49:31 GMT
>   bingo -  2 hits;  I asked  for: sendback  print all,  and what  I got
>   really was the header of two lists - but, the header does not include
>   the name of the list or its "home" LISTSERV (unless it's peered).

The list header  indeed doesn't have that information.  The INDEX command
would have shown the nodeid, listname and list title.

>2. When one gets filelists they do not contain an immediate info. of the
>   last date it was  updated (yes - I can go through  the whole list, or
>   XEDIT and SORT). Could  that date be written at the  top of the file,
>   where it says "LISTSERV FILELIST for LISTSERV at ..." ?

Well, I  think what you  really want to know  is what files  were updated
since last time. A  filelist can be updated if a  REFRESH takes place, or
for some filelists if a new release of LISTSERV is installed, even though
none of the  files it contains has  been updated. And for  this, you need
either the "magic" 'SORT * D 47 63', or an FUI.

>3. Last but not least - I own some lists and I tried to add a pw to them
>   (initially created without)  by changing the PW=XXXXXXXX  at the list
>   header I GoT to PW=my_password;

The  PW=xxxx on  the PUT  command  is the  password to  validate the  PUT
command  which, in  your  case, isn't  checked because  the  list has  no
password. To  change the list password,  you have to put  the 'PW=xxx' in
the list  header itself, among  the other  keywords. 'NEWPW=' on  the PUT
command should indeed give you an error.

  Eric