Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Wed, 11 May 88 13:43:22 EST
> FROM DEARN(LISTSERV): * Your request is being forwarded to
> FROM DEARN(LISTSERV): * [log in to unmask]

I just tried to subscribe you and DEARN says FINHUTC. Maybe you tried it just
when new tables were being shipped out.

>Ooops, of course, LISTSERV@EB0UB011  doesn't know me. But LISTSERV@DEARN
>knows me well enough, why couldn't  it tell it's fellow LISTSERV my full
>name?

Agreed.

> FROM DB0TUI11(LISTSERV): * Your node is outside this LISTSERV's service area.
> FROM DB0TUI11(LISTSERV): * Your subscription request has been denied.

I don't know why Thomas has set a service area on a peered list which is
incompatible with the rest of the peers. I've fixed that (ie no service area).
This is also why your subscribe request was not directly forwarded to DB0.

>So back  to square  one. I  then tried to  send mail  to LISTSERV@BITNIC
>directly and received the optimistic reply

Why do you mean 'directly'? :-) In which sense BITNIC is more "direct" than
DEARN for a list for which it has no peers? :-)

>Seems  as if  the whole  thing is  going to  spin round  and round.  So,
>please, what am I suposed to do?

Complain to Thomas for putting service areas in his lists without asking
the other peer owners. :-) That explains all the chaos.

>Rainer

  Jose Maria