"Kathleen E. Buller" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 Sep 1994 20:49:54 GMT
I am interested in finding a host for two proposed lists.

The first one would be devoted to discussion of issues and contracts
related to public employee unionism, specifically AFSCME, but other
unions would be welcome as well. This list would service the ordinary
worker, and be a forum for discussions involving political activisim,
grievances (no names!), local and world issues, and anything involving
public sector unions and their members.  This would not be a moderated
list, nor would subscribership be restricted (in other words, managers
welcome, though not necessarily well-tolerated ;-) ).  However, the
listowner (me) would be willing to be responsible for its maintenance,
trouble-shooting and overall demeanour (consistent troublemakers may
be warned and eventually bounced from the list, but my definition of
"troublemaker" is quite liberal and it takes a lot to get me that
angry!).

The other list would be a far more fun one.  It would be devoted to the
discussion of "oldies" rock and roll artists (pre-1970) and for publication of
their schedules, news, etc.

I expect the public employee list would eventually come to be quite busy
and perhaps take up some time and space on the part of the  host.  I would
like to make that as easy as possible, and would cooperate fully with any
host server's requirements (except for money--I don't have any).

The oldies list may eventually become busy too, but I may have some helpers
to aid in list maintenance (this may be true in the other list as well).

I do know someother listowners and realize that a listserv can be an
Excedrin headache #250, but I would like prospective hosts to know that
I am willing to lrn and spend some time on this.  If anyone has any
suggestions or warnings, or other things to say (please, have mercy)
I would really like to hear them.  Thanks for reading this far.

--
Katie Buller