Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:30:35 -0400
Thx for the tips, About the Mail transport agent right now we using the IIS
SMTP, which other SMTP would be more efficient than this one. Iss there a
perfect match? I know the LSMTP was made to run with Listserv but is there
other good one out there that would be good too at good price or even
"Free"?

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tuning Listserv

On Mar 20, 2006, at 9:08 AM - 3/20/06, Bruno Robichaud wrote:

> What I mean by large scale its maybe at least one Millions email
> per day as
> example, the way I use listserv is by providing listserv the list
> of our
> subscribed with our homemade system which it could send 4-5 merge
> distribute
> command job to listserv in one batch so it mean that listserv would
> need to
> process these command so that why I need to turn it up because
> listserv
> going to have to do a lot of work. I'm not sure what I have for
> hardware
> right now this is something I have to check with the network guy.
> I'm not
> sure of the limit of work that listserv can do.

In that case, you would definitely benefit by the HPO option and you
should also look at tuning your LISTSERV's mail transport agent, not
just LISTSERV. Without any knowledge of your site's configuration,
making specific recommendations is not something I can do, but to
read the Site Administrator's Guide for some guidelines. All of L-
Soft's documentation is online at http://www.lsoft.com/resources/
manuals.asp=