Kyle Gerbrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:48:14 -0500
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:19:20 -0500, Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:53:02 -0500, Kyle Gerbrandt
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>When a message bounces back to ListServ saying the user doesn't exist, or
>>the domain is invalid or whatever, ListServ records the email address and
>>the time. As far as I can tell it doesn't record WHY the email that was
>>sent didn't reach the address it was sent to. It only says "bounce".
>>

>If you are referring to the NOLIST-xyz.CHANGELOG recording of a 'bounce' as
>BOUNCE (this method is normally only used with DISTRIBUTE jobs and DBMS
driven
>mailings), then this is all the information LISTSERV is supposed to
record.  If
>you have a different situation or settings then you need to be more
specific in
>your question, perhaps quoting experpts froms logs, etc. so we can tell the
>context of your question.

Hiya,

Ben, you're exactly right. We are using DISTRIBUTE and DBMS driven mailings
and the Bounce message does go into NOLIST-xyz.CHANGELOG. The issue is it
only records the time, date and email address and we need to know why. Can
ListServ tell me that? I was looking at the Probe function and thought that
might help ...

Thanks for your time.

Kyle