"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Fri, 21 Aug 87 11:18:09 EDT
LISTSERV here was erratic from Wednesday (8/19) until 10am today.

It turns out that NODUPD-D distributed the XMAILER NAMES and VERS8708
NODUPD files which were too large for LISTSERV to process.  LISTSERV then
transferred them to my rdr from where I inadvertently received and replaced
them in their LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE format so that when UPDNODES tried to read
VERS8708 it choked and when LISTSERV tried to do a NAMEFIND in LSVXMAIL EXEC
it went into CP READ.

Finally this morning after tracing through the LISTSERV execs I figured out
what went wrong and increased the MAXFILEL to 6000 so LISTSERV would process
the XMAILER NAMES file.  (Eric, is this figure sufficient or too big?)

I need to know if I should resend VERS8708 NODUPD and XMAILER NAMES to NODUPD-D
for the rest of the list or did most of you already pick up these files from
NETSERV?

Please excuse the cross posting and multiple copies of this message but I
wanted to make sure I notified the right people.

Thanks,

Jim...