Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:09:32 -0700
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:34:33 -0500, Michael DeGregory
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The problem is that when configuring the Listserv advanced options using the "LISTSERV Configuration" (site.exe) the "DBMS" button will not open the database properties screen.
>I don't know why that "DBMS" button won't open the database configuration page.

I'm not sure what you mean.  site.exe will not make any attempt to actually
connect to the database.  It is only for entering the values for the
site.cfg parameters:

 ODBC_DSN
 ODBC_UID
 ODBC_AUTH

required for LISTSERV to connect to a DBMS.  You can also (optionally)
specify the tablename and column names for EMAIL, NAME, and
Subscriber_Options.  A new option (from 14.4 I think) is to specify the
similar values for the CHANGELOG table (for recording bounces or other
Change-Log Data).  But again, site.exe only facilitates entry of static,
already known values.  No attempt is made to actually connect to the DBMS to
read from available tables, columns, etc.