John Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:03:09 -0500
It can be configured not to return bounces.  For non-listserv
installations, returning bounces does perform the useful task of
informing legitimate people that their email did not get through and
they can then take appropriate action.  It's possible to mount a
reverse attack, i.e. have some poor unsuspecting individual get
thousands of real bounces because their email address was used in one
or more large spam mailings.

I've found it's worth keeping on.  We use SPF to help prevent our
user's email addresses from getting hijacked.

John