Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:40:30 -0500
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 [log in to unmask] wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:52:52 EST, Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>  said:
>
> > create the error with sprint.ca.  Any ideas as this one has me stuck
> > (note the 553 after DATA)?
>
> > >From: "Marketing and Communications/C.Andersen"
>
> Anybody want to take bets that it's a stupid anti-spam filter that was written
> by somebody who didn't read RFC822, section 3.1.4, and didn't realize that
> headers can be continued?

I figured it had to be something like that, but I just wasn't sure...
There will be no way to convience them of this as it has alrady been
suggested and denied, but I will ask the List owner to change the
"name" (sigh, it is actualy a java program that generates the mail) and
see what happens. Thanks a lot!

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> If their machine is case-sensitive for the hostname then it's
> demonstrably in violation of RFC821 :)

You know, Nathan, I checked and it isn't and if I thought they might
understand I'd tell them.

Much appreciated. --Trish