Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 12:04:39 CST
This is really an LMAIL question, not a LISTSERV question.  Followups
to LMAIL-L@SEARN (or possibly IBMTCP-L@PUCC).  Thanks.

On Tue, 1 Feb 1994 15:05:42 CST, James Ford <[log in to unmask]> said:
[...]
>                                                               Has anyone
>set up Listserv (1.7f) so that any/all mail being distributed by Listserv
>goes to a secondary Mailer (Lmail 1.1d) and V2SMTP?

LISTSERV should be using LMAIL as it's mailer.  To get LMAIL to use a
secondary gateway for LISTSERV traffic, check out LSMINST MEMO in the
LMAIL documentation under the O= keyword.

Specifically, the line:
    .EDU MYNODE SMTP BSMTP NETDATA O=LISTSERV@MYNODE G=L-SMTP@MYNODE
tells LMAIL to use L-SMTP as a gateway for traffic originating at LISTSERV.

>                                         Can this be done without registering
>the secondary mailer (MAILER2)?

BITEARN registration has no bearing on the situation.

>Thanks in advance.

Then on Wed, 2 Feb 1994 10:36:45 EST, "Steven P. Roder"
   <[log in to unmask]> said:
>     Many sites are already doing these kinds of things.  With LMail, it is
>fairly easy.  You will need to write a LSM$DNT EXEC (exit to modify LMail's
>DOMAIN TABLE)

I would be inclined to stick to DOMAIN OVERRIDE.  But it depends on
how complicated you want to get.

>              to add S= parms to the domains that are not the local domain.

I don't know if the O= parameter can be specified at the same time as S=.
I suspect it can.  But if you don't, then this will route ALL traffic
for the indicated hosts to the alternate SMTP, not just LISTSERV traffic.
That may be what is wanted, but it wasn't what was asked.

Good luck
Bill