Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 10:01:57 -0400
Could  someone who's been on  this list longer  than I  have comment on the
purpose of the USENET  gateway for LSTSRV-L, and  whether or not it's still
appropriate?   It seems every time a  message comes in that's irrelevant to
this list's  real  purpose -- that  is, as  I understand   it, facilitating
techie discussion among LISTSERV postmasters -- I can be guaranteed it will
have come in  via  USENET.  I can't  blame the  posters too much  -- USENET
offers  no  welcome  message   and no archiving,   so   people have  little
alternative but to post blindly.  Nonetheless, the messages are a pain.

My hope is that no one will be able to come up with a reason the gateway is
still useful, and we can dump it.

Norm
--
For ski-boot simulation at  home, put a  pebble into your street  shoes and
tighten a C-clamp around your toes.