Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:27:54 -0400
Some users have reported they haven't been receiving LISTSERV messages,
despite the fact that I have run several successful tests.

I looked into the issue and found that there is an infinite loop going
on somewhere. The SMTPS log file repeats the following 3 commands every
second:

23 Jul 2003 00:00:01 *** LSMTP extensions activated ***

23 Jul 2003 00:00:01 -> XDFN="John Smith"

23 Jul 2003 00:00:01 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized

This has apparently been going on for months.

It seems that someone might have sent a DISTRIBUTE job with a syntax
error. Still, I don't see why it should lead to this behavior.

I've searched the spool directories and took a look at LSMTP but can't
find any trace of this problem, nor can I figure out how to stop it. I
don't know if it's related to the lost mail, but it's definitely a
problem. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Dave Rubin