Thu, 17 Aug 1995 20:02:23 GMT
Laura Toms <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Actually, I keep hoping there is some way we could get all our lawyers
>> together to file a class action suit against one of these bozos, to recoup
>> the combined costs of reading, storing and coping with their drivel.
>> Hit one for a million dollars to divide up amongst us, and maybe it would
>> teach the rest a lesson.
>
> The content
>of this message is so similar to the one we got a few weeks ago that
>it may well be the same guy with a new ISP.

I've heard several times in the last several weeks that someone, somewhere, is
seeking legal action against him, but I've yet to hear anything coming of it.
You
can see how he's thumbing his nose at the idea, taunting us.

This may be a "new ISP", but it's been posted to news.admin.net-abuse.misc that
the
idiot has used this most recent site, NMIA.COM, previously under yet another
assumed name.  As he points out, he can go on doing this indefinitely, and
will, so
long as he thinks he can make money from it, and service providers don't see it
as
worth their while to slap fees on assholes like this and take them to court.

I believe that if anything is going to be done we're going to have to do it
ourselves.  The shear number of listserv users should be able to mount an
effective
protest, if we all aim at the same target.

Mike Holloway               |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask]    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
    misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html
or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/