"Eric W. Tilenius" <EWTILENI@PUCC>
Thu, 5 May 88 16:43:47 EDT
The COCO list has amassed a good quantity of weekly logs, each with
a couple thousand lines (on average) in them.

I'd like to clean these up and get rid of the following:

1) Bounced mail which went out to the list
2) Requests sent to the list which should have gone to LISTSERV
3) Invalid/inapplicible information

This would:

A) Decrease net traffic when LOGs are requested
B) Reduce DATABASE search times and provide only real references
C) Reduce disk space, allowing us to keep more real information

However, I'm at a loss as to how to do this...  Is there any feature of
LISTSERV that would let a postmaster or list owner kill articles from
the notebook files?  If not, do you think this would/should be a possible
addition in the future?

- ERIC -

*        [log in to unmask]  //  [log in to unmask]                *
*      rutgers!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni  //  princeton!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni       *
* ColorVenture - Microcomputer Software - "Because Life isn't Black and White"*