"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Tue, 3 Apr 90 07:29:23 EDT
On Mon, 2 Apr 90 20:16:38 O Eric Thomas said:
>>would vote for having no default Newsgroup= value. The list owner should
>>be aware that their list is being gatewayed into USENET and so should be
>                                                             All you need
>need is an end-user subscription to the list to make a USENET gateway, so
>why should the list owner have to be involved, except in special cases?

You're right about that but I think that is more dangerous than the list
owner learning about USENET and making a concious decision to gateway the
list.  If an end-user subscribes in an attempt to gateway the list into USENET
you can bet more than half of the time we will see loops or complaints that
the gateway is not working properly.

Jim...