Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:11:06 -0400
I see, well I understand what you saying but they no reason of being
paranoid, no one here really know if the email list I'm using is legist or
not but seem they already put a spammer tag on this already, believe it or
not honest people exist in this world of the internet hehe :P My task is to
make a mailing system that's all, I was toll many time that everything is
legal and legist and Email are opt-in by the way but thx a lot guys for the
recommendation because I see now that it's doesn't take much to be
considered a spammer, there a lot of strict rule out there that I must
follow. It's a touchy subject and I will be very careful to meet these
recommendations because I don't want to bother people, I know the feeling
and it's not fun at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bounced Email

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:20:59 -0400, Bruno Robichaud said:

> want to hear?", we never will send millions of email per day. And from my
> experience I often saw form where you can sign up in a list like Swiss
> Chalet for example, you sign up they send you a email right after to tell
> you thx you for registering, so I guess they are spamming Or not legist
> Because they never ask me to confirm?

If the guy down the hall visits Swiss Chalet and puts your e-mail address in
there just to tick you off, the mail that Swiss Chalet sends to you is spam,
because *you* didn't ask for it - it meets the 'unsolicited' part of the
definition
of 'spam' - 'unsolicited bulk e-mail'.

Remember - just because some other site that you have visited does it the
easy
way does *not* mean it's the current Best Recommended Practice.

And people are suspicious of you precisely *because* spammers do it the same
easy way.