Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jan 1992 15:45:00 EST
On Tue, 21 Jan 1992 18:11:09 EST Mignon Erixon-Stanford said:
>From:    Mignon Erixon-Stanford
>I freed the list and again got the following msg:
>>> Error 100 from LSVDACC ("Error 100 from ACCESS 194 T.") while logging mail
>>> for SHOTHC-L.  An incomplete copy of  the message might be  present in the
>>> notebook. List is being held with current mailing being postponed.
>There is no SHOTHC-L LOGxxxx to be found; I moved 4 outstanding notes for
>the list from LISTSERV's rdr thinking one of them could be the offender.
>Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

This is usually an indocation that LISTSERV's disk had filled.  I usually
take the following steps to correct it (when I forget to do it monthly
to remove the oldest log for each list):

1) TELL LISTSERV CMS LISTF * LOG* * (EXEC
2) TELL LISTSERV SF CMS EXEC
3) Receive CMS EXEC
4) XEDIT CMS EXEC to remove all references to logs I want to keep
   around.  Then change all lines to something like the following:
   'TELL LISTSERV CMS ERASE listname logname fm'
   'TELL LISTSERV DATABASE REFRESH listname'
   (don't forget to add the /**/ as the first line so this becomes a
   REXX EXEC
5) Execute the CMS EXEC

This is only my suggestions.  If someone has a neater way to do log
maintenance and disk maintenance, I would be very happy to hear it.

Thanks,
Jim...