"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:11:01 EST
Though I can't speak for the maintenance of this pseudo
userid via a Mail Transfer Agent, it "maps" to the list's
definition keyword * ERRORS-TO= operands.  There are two
kinds of operands: real RFC882-style or pointers to such via
the OWNER= keyword i.e., ERRORS-TO= OWNER goes to the first
owner defined for the list.

In general, mail TO: OWNER-listname@listhost is generated
via RFC-compliant MTAs that are unable to deliver a list
distribution e.g., userid not found, host not found.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"