Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:48:13 -0500
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:25:46 EST, Glenn <[log in to unmask]>  said:

> Please forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but why not post the
> PDF on a secure (HTTPS) and password-or-otherwise protected web page
> and just email a link to the PDF out to the list members?

a) I have a perfectly functional e-mail client.  I don't have at the current
time access to a webserver that allows me to create arbitrarily passworded
pages (which is important in some cases - note that it's quite possible that
*last* month's list membership is different than *this* months, so you need a
different password and access list for the two postings - and of course, I may
not even HAVE access to the membership list in order to set it up).

b) If I hit 'send', it's out the door and I have no cleanup to do.  Feel free
to provide a pointer to an Apache module that will clean up the webpage
automatically after a week/month/whatever, and deal with the case of somebody
who downloads their mail after travelling for a few days, and then discovers
it's been 8 days and the web link is broken now.  Bonus points if you can make
this work for people who are often downloading their mail and then processing
it on the plane/train/whatever...