Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
"Sparks, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:02 +0000
text/plain (26 lines)
Given the low likelihood of the average subscriber actually engaging their brain in this regard, perhaps one-click unsubscribe links are not such a good idea (unless you want to consider failure to prune them as a variation on self-nomination for a Darwin Award). The footer on this list seems adequate and doesn't have that pitfall, aside from the potential to multiply like tribbles. 

On Nov 29, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Pete Weiss wrote:

> AFAIK, there is no such setting.  In fact, the bottom banner is probably the last of all of the other
> previously cascaded text of the orignal and subsequent REPLIES.  Thus, the real problem is the lack of
> judicious editing of REPLY to remove extraneous original text that does not add significant context.
> 
> This is one reason my lists have "low" message length thresholds -- it induces the REPLYer to edit at
> some point.
> 
> NB the following edited REPLY text.
> 
> On 11/29/2011 16:15, Gray, Nathan - graynw wrote:
>> Thanks for reminding me. We're having the same issue for the list that I manage. The unsubscribe footer gets replicated for each reply. If someone posts and that post has two replies, we get three unsubscribe footers in the third post. 
>> 
>> Which setting would allow only the unsubscribe link on the original sender's post?

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2