Kevin Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Feb 1993 17:50:03 +1100
To LSTSRV-L subscribers:

I am helping to start a new electronic cognitive science journal.
It has been suggested that for handling subscriptions, etc. using
listserv is optimal.  I have the cooperation of my institution,
unfortunately they have no ibm's, as required for listserv.  I
sent therefore this inquiry to Eric Thomas & received the reply
suggesting I contact all of LSTSRV-L.

> >Or,  is  it possible  for  me  to operate  listserv  on  a unix  machine
> >parasitically getting listserv services from a nearby ibm on the bitnet?

> Yes,  hundreds  of   lists  work  this  way.  You  would   send  mail  to
> [log in to unmask] and describe the charter  of your list. But there
> are  two lists  which might  be related  and on  which you  could try  to
> announce first:

I am enclosing a provisional statement of purpose for our journal.
We would like to have two listserv groups: one for ordinary
subscriptions and (perhaps) unmoderated discussions of the journal's
contents; another with subscription restricted to editors, for
conducting journal business.

If someone running listserv can volunteer computational resources,
please contact me and let me know what I need to do on my
unix machine to get things going.

Thanks, Kevin