Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 18:41:35 -0400
  I don't know if this is something I should post or not, but since
we receive many jobs from other sites, I thought I'd post it.  I'm
sure Eric will let me know if this is something I don't have to
do in the future (or worry about since I have put it off for too
long fearing the implications).

  Our Listserv and listserv machine will be going down tomorrow
morning about 8:30am.  We have identified the slowness of Listserv
to the way our machine is set up, and we will be fixing a few things
including setting up a Listserv nameserver cache (so it doesn't run
off looking up hundreds/thousands of addresses everyday on the main host
nameserver).  The latter will indirectly improve Listserv performance
by increasing the performance of sendmail.  We have a list of all we
have to do and we hope to finish quickly in about 30 mins.

  Again, I apologize for the bounced mail/jobs that may result, but
there is never a good time to do this.  I'm new at this, so in truth
I don't know what will happen to the bounced mail destined for our
site or others.

  Sincerely, Trish