Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:08:04 -0400
On 13 Jul 00, at 13:50, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Earlier this week I sent a message out on listserv regarding P&G's latest
> dividend increase announcement. The next morning, I sent commands to the
> listserv while doing my routing maintenance following the sending of that
> message. After the commands were processed, the listserv AGAIN resent the
> dividend message to our subscribers. I thought it might be a fluke.

What does this "routine maintenance" consist of, and what does the
LISTSERV log say about these messages going out?

Also, examine and compare the Received: headers of the first, second
and third times the message went through, to see exactly how they
managed to go through multiple times (what path did they take? where
is the looping occurring?)

I second Pete recommendation about Send=Editor,Hold,CONFIRM. The
"Confirm" is super important for newsletter-type lists to prevent
spoofing and funny bounces being redistributed.

Francoise