F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:38:24 +0000
That isn't a bad idea, but so much is "configurable".  For example, we are using Office 365 for mail.  I don't use Outlook (memory hog), but use "Outlook Web App" (OWA) instead.  It allows me to set the default for mail as text or html (there may be an "rtf" option as well ... shudders).  I have had to explain that if you can set font or color it isn't "plain text".  The only workaround I have come up with so far is prefacing the command with "charset utf-8".
--Joe

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "quiet" on bulk add/remove?

I agree with you (and of course thanks for the answer from Jacob).

As interesting as this is, I think it would be useful to document how particular mail clients can send plain text command emails to LISTSERV (R) so that any HTMLizing ;-) is elminated.

I always have "fun" with Thunderbird in doing this.

Pete Weiss