Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:52:21 EST
I had occasion several times recently to determine for a given list
how many subscribers were using each of the delivery options.  I put
together the following little pipe to do the job and thought others
might find it useful as well.  When executed, the displayed results are:

liststat piporg-l stats
DIGEST   285
INDEX     71
MAIL     514
NOMAIL   226
TOTAL:  1096
Ready; T=1.11/1.15 16:51:04

The EXEC itself is:
/* To get a count of MAIL, NOMAIL, DIGEST and INDEX settings of all the
subscribers of a given list, send mail to LISTSERV saying
Q <listname> FOR * , receive the reply into a file, and call the follow--
ing EXEC with the file-id as argument.  Note that for purposes of these
totals NOMAIL overrides DIGEST or INDEX should a user have them both
set.                                                                  */

ARG fileid
"PIPE (END !) <" fileid,
  "| SPEC 1-6 1",
  "| CHANGE /Subscr/%/",
  "| a: FIND %"||,
  "| f: FANINANY",
  "| JOIN *",
  "| SPLIT AT /%/",
  "| g: NLOCATE /NOMAIL/",
  "| h: FANINANY",
  "| SORT COUNT",
  "| SPEC 11-16 1 6-10 8",
  "| CONSOLE",
  "| SPEC 8-12 1",
  "| STEM count.",
  "! g: | SPEC /NOMAIL/ 1 | h:",
  "! a: | b: FIND NOMAIL| f:",
  "! b: | c: FIND MAIL| f:",
  "! c: | d: FIND INDEX| f:",
  "! d: | FIND DIGEST| f:"

c = 0; DO i = 1 TO count.0; c = c + count.i; END
SAY "TOTAL: "RIGHT(c,5)
EXIT