"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:22:06 -0000
> I don't know how many of you site maintainers have loaded 15
> up yet, but having installed it on a test server and doing
> the usual checks of any new web interface, I find that if
> Javascript is disabled in the browser then there are options
> you can't apparently get to.
>
> For example, all the reporting functions under List
> Management - I can't find any alternative links to this
> functionality in the absense of the drop-down menu - can
> anyone else find them?
>
> If this is correct and they aren't available, then I am
> extremely surprised this didn't come out at user acceptance
> testing stage, with whoever does the beta-testing for L-Soft.
>
> Some of our users are well connected in accessibility and W3
> circles, so this kind of thing would pretty much prevent us
> from being able to roll version 15 out (unless we put these
> links in ourselves!), which is a shame since it is a much
> improved and more professional looking interface than
> previous versions.

OK, answering my own questions here(!), but found a preference to use a non-script menu which seems to do the trick. Not sure whether a user will realise they are not getting some of the features and go and find that option but at the end of the day there shouldn't be too many non-JS users and they would presumably be savvy enough to switch JS off that they might explore the preferences in more detail too.

Spencer