"Eckstine, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:27:48 -0800
I think making a super list is the way people do this.  Some mail systems will also suppress the same email sent twice to one person in a short span of time.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:30:15 EST, Sante La Civita said:
> Does anyone know how I can prevent people from getting more than one
> duplicate email when they are on multiple lists?  In other words, we send
> one email to two lists and the person is on both list and therefore receives
> two duplicate emails.

In general, there's no really good way to totally address this issue.  Listserv *can*
do *some* duplicate elimination, sometimes.  But there's corner cases it really
can't do anything about:

1) person posts to list1@listserv and a copy gets sent to the recipient. Three minutes
later, the person poststhe same thing to list2@listserv that the recipient is also on.

2) There's really no way for Listserv to know that [log in to unmask]
and [log in to unmask] are really aliases for each other, or that
[log in to unmask] is forwarding to one of the others.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1