Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:49:29 -0400
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Margaret King wrote:

> > What he does want, is to never get e-mail from us/Listserv again -- from
> > reading the documentation, I see no way to accomplish this, and as I type
>
> the same source.  Any possibility that you can get hold of the Received
> headers from one of the spoofed mails and find out where the spoofs are
> coming from (probably somebody with a virus)?

I do have them and they are coming from a variety of ISPs -- some ISPs are
more motivated than others to track down who from their org is sending out
viruses; They are definately the SoBig.F virus as Noel says he is dealing
with.

The address is still indeed served off, but that doesn't prevent Listserv
from responding with the initial "Your posting to the REGISTRAR list has
been rejected because it contains an attachment of type
'APPLICATION/OCTET-STREAM'.  The REGISTRAR list has been..." -- it does
prevent another mailing loop.

My guess is that there is no way to prevent the company from getting
e-mail from Listserv unless we bring it down -- this is what I wanted to
avoid if at all possible.   --Trish

------
Trish Forrest
Queen's Unviersity