Christine Shih <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 13:36:55 EDT
We have been using the digest feature here since it was available.
It received great comments from several list owners.  But one of the
list owners noticed that her list (a moderated list) digest contains
the blurb that the moderator sees before a message is forwarded to
the list. Namely:

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the xxxxxxxx list at
KENTVM. If you simply forward it back  to the list, it will be distributed with
the paragraph you are now reading  being automatically removed. If you edit the
contributions you receive into a digest, you will need to remove this paragraph
before mailing the  results to the list. Finally, if  you need more information
from the author of this message, you should be able to do so by simply replying
to this note.

This blurb is not inserted in front of every message only every few. Did anyone
else have this happened?  Our other lists which are not moderated do not
have this problem.

Christine Shih
Postmaster at KENTVM