Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 20:45:16 +0200
On    Tue,    5    Sep    1995   20:02:37    +0200    Turgut    Kalfaoglu
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>And, can we begin hoping for an OS/2 version? -turgut

The 12 customer offer  still stands. Find me 12 customers  who will buy a
license (not  the shareware version,  the normal commercial  version, any
capacity)  and we  will port  it. This  does not  include people  who are
totally convinced  that we will sell  2,000,000 copies of LISTSERV  if we
port  it  to  OS/2.  There  are many  such  people,  but  unless  they're
interested in  actually making a  purchase themselves, they  don't count,
because convictions don't pay bills. I've been making this offer for over
a year  and have yet  to see more than  3 names. Incidentally,  I thought
OS/2 was going to be able to  run Win32 applications. If that's true, the
Win95 version  will run  under OS/2,  maybe with a  tiny change  here and
there to say "OS/2"  rather than "Windows 4.0" and the  like. If you want
to try this  I recommend a non-graphical install (intel.zip  + unzip with
long filename support + installation guide).

  Eric