Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:51:40 -0700
I'm running 15.5 on OpenVMS but I'm asking about this to enable another group's
adoption of I think is 16.0 on Linux.  (And after they successfully get this,
they'll start running my lists for me and I'll be out of the LISTSERV business.
Oh well.)

Anyway, users can currently set their login cookie expiration in the
Preferences menu, to a variety of options including "No Expiration" (the
default), "Session", and various lengths of time.  I think the official site
policy is that logins should expire after 15 minutes of inactivity, but I
expect that they could live with 30 if that was all that was available.

Is there some global setting where the default setting can be changed?   (I
don't mean editing the template for the Preferences page to make the
user-selected thing default to a new value; I mean what the user gets if they
never override it via the preferences page.)

Thanks!

-- Alan