"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:22:34 -0500
[I intended to send this to LSTSRV-L instead of Mr. Roselius..wts]

<[log in to unmask]> wrote, in part..
> Is this for email only support or something a more traditional?  I
> personally have had a very disappointing experience with LISTSERV and it's
> current support structure of email support.  I won't take the time to air
> dirty laundry on their sponsored list but based on the quality of the
> support we have received to date - I would have a hard time increasing my
> organization's expenditures with L-soft.

Trashing their good name without providing much of a hint as to what
you expected or where they went wrong seems to me to be worse than
explaining what went wrong and why the situation couldn't be rectified,
especially since most of us seem to find the knowledge of personnel
and quality of service high and quite acceptable.

If this problem is important enough for you to "walk away" from LSoft
wrt future needs and you choose to write to us about it, I think we
deserve to know what is wrong from your point of view. Maybe that's
important to others, maybe not.

(My installation doesn't, to my knowledge, pay a service fee beyond a
yearly "maintenance" fee.)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/