Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 18 Mar 88 12:23:00 SET
I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh,  but... some weeks ago I sent (to this list)
a description of  the "X-LUPD problem" (which has actually  nothing to do with
X-LUPD and  is just  a stupid  bug in LSVDIST2),  along with  a "patch"  to be
applied to LSVDIST2 EXEC to solve it. Two  lines were in error, one was a typo
and the other  had a missing instruction. Unfortunately I  was dumb enough not
to log this piece of mail, and  since I've made changes to LSVDIST2 since then
the line numbers would  now not be the same. If someone has  kept a copy, feel
free to resend it  to the list, since obviously a lot  of people had discarded
my original posting.

By  the way  I  confirm that  the person  sitting  on MAINT@FRULM11  yesterday
afternoon was indeed me. I was installing and testing new mods to the modified
SML driver for FRPSTR01, and thus  monitoring the RSCS console. Whenever I saw
a CPQ U ERIC,  I identified myself, assuming the person who did  the CPQ had a
serious reason  to try  to contact  me. I'm  glad to  see that  people haven't
forgotten the FRULM11 hacker stories and that their first reaction was "How do
I know you are who  you pretend to be?" :-) By the way  I haven't heard of him
since last time,  and I assume he's become reasonable.  That's definitely good
news :-)

  Eric