Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 May 1997 12:33:51 CDT
A message recently went through on one of my lists that I couldn't
decipher (meaning, I couldn't figure out who sent it).  I fancy myself
as pretty fair a deciphering headers, but this one has me baffled.

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 00:14:19 +0000 (GMT)
From: Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator
Subject: GIFT FROM JERUSALEM
Sender: Gun Dog discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
 ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
 ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
 ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Mail origin cannot be determined.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Original tag data was -> <>

(in the body was a reference to:   http://www.landofjesus.com)

I particularlly has me bugged that it looks (to the causual observer)
like it came from the owner of the list (me).