Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Feb 2021 10:58:46 -0700
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 16:51:16 +0000, Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I downloaded the trial version and transferred one list (*.html, *db*, several years of *.logYYMM etc.) to the corresponding directory.

Make the appropriate directory structures on the new server.  You want to
transfer only the listname.logYYMM files.  Specifically do NOT transfer the
listname.db*, listname.html, or other listname.* files in the archives area.
LISTSERV will rebuild these other files as neccessary.  The structure of
some of these files is slightly different between different OS (big-endian
vs little-endian).  Let LISTSERV rebuild them so they will be correct for
the new OS.

Note, the above applies only to the 'archives' area (where the
listname.logYYMM files are).  In the 'main' (working) directory, you will
need to transfer all the listname.* files (listname.list, listname.*tpl,
etc.)