"John R. Andrews" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:00:25 -0600
We have a number of lists (10-25K subscribers) that we reload several times
a week. At that moment, we resend the header with a PUTALL and the whole
list. Initially, I tried using QUIET DELETE listname *@* followed by a bulk
add import, but I noticed that the delete command appeared to cause
thousands of log entries as though I had deleted each one seperately.
Additionally, using the bulk delete command requires knowing all the
subscribers.

I'm interested if there's a better way to reload lists from scratch without
having to delete all the entries or send the header each time.

I suppose I'd like there to be a "replace" function added bulk features so
instead of saying add import, you'd say add replace like many DBMS have
for loading tables.

John Andrews
UIC