Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 2013 13:10:37 -0700

All of that mail would be addressed to "listserv@...".

> Now, if subscriber send message to the list, the "sendmail" server accepts it with no problem

How do you know this?  Do you just assume this because you don't get an error
of some kind?

>but LISTSERV is having trouble picking it up from the sendmail server and processing it further.

In a properly configured server the "sendmail" server (are you really using
sendmail or are you using Postfix or perhaps Qmail?) sendmail delivers the
mail to ~/listserv/spool.  LISTSERV does not go and 'pickup' the mail from
sendmail.  Sounds like you have not correctly created the necessary (8) email
aliases for each list.

See the Installation Manual for Unix:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/install/LISTSERV16.0_InstallManual_UNIX.htm#_Toc290567964

After creating the list in LISTSERV you need to create the email aliases. Near
the end of the above section it says:

su root
cd ~listserv/
make list name=XXX

where "XXX" is the name of the new list.

This uses the Makefile to create the aliases for you.

>The message just gets lost. No traces in the logs or console about it at all. My question is where I should start looking to find the problem.

Start with the "sendmail" logs to verify the incoming mail got that far.  If
you don't have the proper email aliases, there will be an error there, even if
you don't get an error message for some reason.  If that is OK, then look in
~/listserv/spool for backup of *.job files.  Look at the LISTSERV log.