"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:14:25 -0000
Hi

I don't know how many of you site maintainers have loaded 15 up yet, but having installed it on a test server and doing the usual checks of any new web interface, I find that if Javascript is disabled in the browser then there are options you can't apparently get to.

For example, all the reporting functions under List Management - I can't find any alternative links to this functionality in the absense of the drop-down menu - can anyone else find them?

If this is correct and they aren't available, then I am extremely surprised this didn't come out at user acceptance testing stage, with whoever does the beta-testing for L-Soft.

Some of our users are well connected in accessibility and W3 circles, so this kind of thing would pretty much prevent us from being able to roll version 15 out (unless we put these links in ourselves!), which is a shame since it is a much improved and more professional looking interface than previous versions.

On a different note, I did an upgrade (rather than a fresh install) to a LISTSERV installation on another test server, and while I can apparently login (it says "Logged in as .... (Administrator - Owner)" at the top), it still shows "Log in" rather than "Preferences | Log Out" on the menu bar, and certain functions like going into Server Dashboard cause a CGI "Error - invalid parameter" error. There is also some stray characters on each page - "msg);". I've tried deleting the cookie and that doesn't work. Anyone else get this?

Regards

--
Spencer Warhurst
Systems Manager