Valdis Kletnieks <$VK0@CLVM>
Tue, 18 Nov 86 10:43:33 EST
Eric:

Two quick points -

1) I wouldn't touch the stuff at WISCVM with a 10 foot pole.  I agree that it
is FEASIBLE to mangle a MAIL file into a format that the DISTRIBUTE command
can handle, but do you really WANT to?  (a) you're playing with a VERY heavily
used gateway and (b) as Ross pointed out, DISTRIBUTE is gonna hit listservs
that don't want to hear about it.

2) I agree that the Croswell mailer has some problems, but I think that the
incidence of ARPA-header bugs is vastly overstated.  Although I have seen it
blow up gloriously on bizzare formats of user mail addresses, I have never
seen it choke on a digest adress ( and I *have* sent mail to at least 3
digests sucessfully on numerous occasions).

                                   Valdis Kletnieks

P.S.  If you think Crowswell is buggy, you should be locked in a room with the
stock 4.2BSD sendmail.  Flaky sendmail.cf file, '$' bug, and all. :-)