Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:24:40 -0500
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:40:33 -0600, Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I see lots of files that start with M and lots of files that start with B.
>
>M = mailjob? B = bounce?
>
>I'm in a situation where a firewall crash has delayed mailjob delivery
>to the listserv, and there are lots of bounces to process that are in
>the way. Could I temporarily move the B files to a different directory
>while listserv is not running, then replace them later, again while
>listserv is not running? My goal is to process the mailjobs first, and
>then return to processing the bounces.

Yes.  This will work.  Some bounces are labeled as M_... for obscure reasons,
but most bounces are B_.... and you can safely move them out to process later.

Note that a faster way to do this is simply to stop LISTSERV (and LSMTP) and
rename the directory, (and be sure to create a new SPOOL dir of the correct
name).